We’re looking for a journalist/popular finance writer to join our team. The ideal candidate must be either a native speaker or a non-native speaker with an excellent command of English.
This is what we’re about:
We’re a community platform and publisher. We offer financial writers and vloggers the potential to connect with a wider readership and audience. Authors can publish their articles on our website, thereby offering subscribers the chance to look into their crystal ball. They can also air their economic concerns via our daily newsletter or broadcast their stock market forecasts via video.
You, dear writer, will be making analyses(complex charts, graphs, and Fibonacci sequences) more digestible. You have to take that article or vlog and squeeze the essence out of it. Your articles are meant to drive eyeballs to our platform and would be published and distributed on websites like Yahoo Finance and Medium.
**You must have:
- Native or near-native knowledge of English.
- Your mastery of English should be sprinkled with a nuanced understanding of North American culture and lingo. Most of our clients are in the United States.
- A journalism or writing background. We don’t expect you to have won a Pulitzer, but you must be crafty with words and have strong research skills.
- The ability to take chunks of text written by a financial author for a niche market, and make them more understandable and palatable to a wider readership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A knowledge of or interest in trending investment, financial, or political topics.
- A good understanding of how SEO works and being able to create texts that have SEO compatibility in mind.
- The ability to generate eye-catching headlines and teasers.
Have you checked off all of the above? If so, read on, because you also need to:
- Have the ability to multitask articles. Some articles may take you a few days to write. That’s fine. Others may be shorter and should be published faster.
- Pay attention to detail, work structure, and deadlines.
- Set priorities and organize your workload while working independently.
- Be an independent thinker and take initiative (i.e., extreme ownership).
- Have a working knowledge of popular writing and productivity software (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Slack, Notion, etc.)
- Have an optimistic outlook and a good sense of humor (much required in our industry).
If you feel like you have what it takes, send us your proposal!
Perfectlancer is a freelancing and telecommuting platform for professional freelancers to get hired. Among all the projects that you can outsource or do we can name: Programming, application and software development, web design, Web content production and social networks, typing, translation, photography, design (logo, banner, poster, etc.), editing marketing, digital marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), photo editing, making and editing clips and teasers, making infographics, modeling, editing audio files, song composing, engineering projects, experimental science projects, art projects, architecture, interior design, etc. With Perfectlancer, we are by your side.