Hire a Freelance Academic Editor
Academic papers are prepared by high education students and academics (teachers or scholars in a college or institute of higher education) aiming to get published in reputed journals. It is not as easy as one might hope to achieve publication success. However, academic editing has made it much easier for postgraduates, and especially international students to get their papers published in the target journal.
Academic papers must follow certain guidelines according to publication standards for structure, tone, formatting, language quality, etc. Authors often get help from freelance academic editors to improve their chances of publication by getting their academic papers professionally edited.
What is the role of freelance academic editors?
Academic editors provide professional editing services for academic publications. In business, humanities, science, and social sciences, they edit academic papers. To make a paper fit for journal publication, they possess experience, skills, and subject-matter expertise.
Editing academic papers evaluate and improves the tone, language, citation style, and documentation style of the manuscript. A second quality check is done to see that the paper follows publication ethics, and feedback is given on its overall quality and publication readiness.
What are the different stages of academic editing?
Editing academic papers includes three stages:
The scope and quality of a paper can reveal the type of academic editing it requires. By breaking down a paper into its individual parts, it becomes easier to determine what editing tasks need to be done in order to improve it. This understanding of a paper's needs is essential for making sure that the end result is a polished, well-edited document.
During structural editing, the editor considers several factors, including the structure, layout, tone, style, spacing, and the flow of the content, along with the language quality. The entire document should be well-structured and ready for publication.
It is the job of the copy editor to ensure that the language in the text is accurate and consistent throughout. Copies are edited to improve the language, correct grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors, and enhance the overall effectiveness of the text.
Editing ends with proofreading. They only check the document once last to make sure that it is error-free and ready for publication. They do not make any significant edits to it.
What are the benefits of academic editing?
Authors rely on academic editing to submit academic papers that are written in a clear and concise manner and meet all publication standards and guidelines.
Listed below are some more advantages of academic editing.
- The language becomes more coherent as a result
Academic editing is primarily concerned with improving the language. During academic editing, grammatical, spelling, tone, syntax, and punctuation errors are corrected. The writing becomes more precise, coherent, and easy to read by eliminating reiterations, vagueness, and redundancy.
- The paper's key points are highlighted there
A properly structured, incorrectly phrased, incorrectly arranged paragraph or ambiguous sentence can hide an academic paper's critical elements. Academic editing enhances the academic paper with key features that distinguish it from the competition.
- Developing a successful career as an author
The quality of an academic paper not only contributes to the publication of a paper in a top journal or with a reputable publisher, but it also improves the chances of authors getting funding and getting their educational qualifications.
How much does it cost to hire an academic writer?
A professional academic writer can charge a wide range of rates. In general, the price will range around 20_100 USD/hour depending on the type of work and timeline, as well as the skill level required. As an example, proofreading academic articles is usually priced between 20_45 USD, while assisting with research articles for top-tier journals is usually priced around 60 USD and higher. There are freelance writers
who prefer charging by the word rather than by the hour, and you might also prefer that. Be sure to discuss this in advance.
According to Glassador.com
, The estimated total pay for a Freelance Academic Editor is $87,613 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $55,274 per year. The estimated additional pay is $32,339 per year. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing.
Some tips on hiring a freelance academic editor
Ensure that the scope of your project is clearly defined and informative in order to attract top academic writing consultants. As long as you provide as much information as possible, academic writers will be able to come up with a more accurate bid and suggest the best direction for your project.
The following factors must be considered by freelance academic editors when opting for academic paper editing.
- In order to ensure an effective academic paper editing, it is crucial to hire a freelance academic editor who’s got editing experience in the author's field of study. In fact, all academic editors possess subject matter expertise.
- High-quality editing: Freelance academic editors must provide high-quality academic editing that meets the standards of peer-reviewed publications and leading publishers.
- An academic editor must be adept at publishing standards and guidelines in order to accomplish academic paper editing projects. Having the right skills and experience is crucial. Furthermore, the academic editor must have excellent language skills, an eye for details, and critical thinking.
- The journal must meet strict submission deadlines, and authors must abide by them. In order to move seamlessly to the next stage of publication, academic paper editing services must be delivered on time.
- Information in academic papers can be highly sensitive and confidential. During the editing process, editors must handle sensitive data with care to ensure data security.
High-level Collaboration with Freelance Academic Editors
The employer has to discuss the expected collaboration with the freelance academic editor. Here are some tips on how to collaborate with your academic editor.
- It’s definitely helpful for you to talk to an academic editor about how you want to formulate your ideas.
- Your editor should also improve your manuscript's information flow in accordance with your objectives.
- An academic editor makes your argumentation clearer and more systematic through academic editing so that your reasoning is more coherent.
- Freelance academic editors must maintain a consistent voice in the paper while maintaining grammatical accuracy.
- Ensure that the editor's goals do not clash with your vision, and the final product still reflects the expertise you and your supervisor possess in the field.